Attention Current Youth Workers:
Once each year, we require all of our active Youth Workers to re-read our Youth Ministries Policy Manual. If you have not read the Policy Manual in its entirety since August 1, 2013, you must do so. Click here to access a copy of the policy manual. The deadline to complete this requirement is Sunday, September 15th, 2013. In order to continue serving in your present role in our youth ministry, you must complete this requirement.
Once you have finished reading the policy manual, please submit your name here. (These instructions apply to current workers only. New Volunteers, please follow the instructions below.)
Instructions for new Volunteers:
If you are interested in working in any of our Youth Ministries, we ask that you complete each of the appropriate set of requirements below, based on your age. We know this represents an investment of your time and may seem a bit tedious. Please understand that our intention is only to provide the safest environment for our young people as possible. Thank you for your willingness and understanding!
New teen volunteers (12-17):
1. Print and fill out a copy of the Information Questionnaire and Agreement Form for teen volunteers and turn it in to Pastor Joe. Upon turning 18, you will need to complete the required background check but not before then.
New adult volunteers (18 and older):
1. Download and read the current Youth Ministries Policy Manual in its entirety. Once completed, simply indicate that you have read it on the Questionnaire mentioned below.
2. Listen to a 50 min. presentation of some of the core principles of our Youth Ministry Philosophy, presented by Pastor Joe on April 11, 2008. You can listen to the MP3 here:
(There is a good bit of material included in this MP3. It is compiled from three different sessions. It may help you to also survey the related portions of the handouts from the seminar in which this philosophy was presented, available here.)
3. Download and complete a copy of our Youth Workers' Information Questionnaire. After you have completed it, turn it in to Pastor Joe in a sealed envelope with your name on the outside.
4. Submit your name and information online for a required background check. Note that this is a separate and additional requirement from #3 above. Be assured that your personal information is entirely secure and will be viewed only by the Youth Pastor. You may request to see a copy of your background check by contacting him.
Once the Youth Pastor has received your information and has reviewed your background check information, he will contact you.
Thank you for your ministry and investment in our families and young people at Faith Baptist Church! We look forward to serving with you in this ministry! If you have any questions, you may call Pastor Joe Vaughn at our church office anytime.